Arcadia Bird PureSun-Compact allows birds to see in color, allows for the natural production of vitamin D3, increases feather condition, helps to reduce feather plucking and aids in mate selection and reproduction.
FULL SPECTRUM + UV Bird Bulbs
Wattage 20W UV-B 2.4% UV-A 30% Kelvin 5800K
For over 20 years Arcadia Bird has designed and made the very finest bird lighting technology, all with the aim of improving the welfare of pet birds kept in the home. Arcadia Bird lamps are now available for use worldwide. ‘PureSun-Compact Bird lamp’ by Arcadia Bird is easy to use, safe and effective, flicker free, energy efficient and UV potent for one whole year of use.
New from Europe's Best Selling Bulb - Improved spectrum, brighter light output, German phosphors, upgraded UV passing glass and new more robust electronics.
Providing Full-Spectrum+UV-B lighting allows birds to manufacture their own essential vitamin D3 in a safe and natural way. Increased D3 leads to better calcium absorption, aids bone health, improves breeding, improves feather heath and helps to stop plucking. Exposure to UV-A also has a positive impact on avian welfare and allows the activation of full-colour vision, this in turn improves feeding and mate selection. Bird lighting helps to set natural lighting cycles and allows you as the keeper to view your pet bird in the most natural light’.
Lamp Safety & Usage
- Bird lamps remain UV-B potent (within 40% of total output) for one whole year of use.
- This is based on using the correct controller and a maximum 12 hour a day photo period. Health concerns should always be reported to a suitable vet who can access the bird properly.
- Do not allow birds long exposure to bird lamps at a distance closer than stipulated by the product.
- Humans should remain 12” or more away from the lamp.
- Lamps should be turned off before cage maintenance is carried out.
- Bird lamps should not be sprayed with water directly.
- To be sure of UV-B potency, replace bird lamps once yearly.